My practice focuses on helping you heal from heath conditions or trauma history which often lead to feelings of suffering and isolation. After working for years in integrative health care settings, I gained specialized experience and understanding for the impact that health conditions or exposure to traumatic events have on not only our physical wellbeing but our emotional wellbeing. My expertise has led me to treat these conditions focusing on comprehensive care in the following ways:
- Healing from chronic pain and illness that have interfered with the life you have always wanted. You may be still be suffering despite treatment from physicians and medications. These conditions may have caused you problems like not even doing the things you used to really enjoy before pain entered your life.
- Managing recovery from health issues by determining how to maximize your progress. Understanding the healing process means getting the kind of support you really need. Right now you may be feeling alone since you might be struggling to even get out of bed, let alone making commitments to your friends and family.
- Navigating the health care system while keeping your life functioning. Your emotional and physical health may be impacting the way you communicate with doctors, or ask for support from your loved ones. If may seem impossible to keep up with the obligations at home since you expend so much energy just making sure you can physically show up to medical appointments.
- Rebuilding your life after medical diagnoses or surgical procedures that have changed the way you function. You may be worrying about disappointing your loved ones or employer because they may be feeling burned out after supporting you for so long during the healing process. You may be struggling to help get yourself out of trouble at work, school, or home.
- Coping with intense emotions following traumatic events like anxiety and depression. These experiences can lead to painful thoughts like you are unsafe or worthlessness and lead to feelings of emptiness and withdrawal. This frame of mind may be getting get in the way of the relationships you want with your friends, kids, or partner.
My goal is to help you grow and change to live your life more fully. I believe in increasing our inherent strengths, as well as teaching new skills and techniques to be more effective. Please contact me if you have any questions, need additional information, or want to schedule an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you.